Canadian Customs Brokers
Talk to a Customs Specialist at JORI
JORI Logistics takes the complexity out of Canada customs clearances so you can focus on running your business.
For up to four years retroactively, Canada Customs can seize goods, assign hefty fines, increase customs inspections, and ban clients from further importations. Businesses can be penalized with fines, increased shipment inspections and more frequent customs audits. JORI Logistics has the Canadian customs brokerage expertise to transform your logistics into a competitive advantage.
We’re committed to customer service and unlike many Canadian customs brokers, assign a dedicated Customer Service Representative (CSR) to every client. This CSR will know everything about your business so you don’t waste time explaining yourself over and over again.
We believe shipping is an integral part of your business; one that shouldn’t take away from your bottom line.
JORI Logistics can clear Canadian customs shipments on behalf of its clients at any border crossing. We do not need to be physically located at border crossings across Canada. Instead, we aim to reduce our customer costs by doing all Canadian customs clearances from our central location in Calgary.
Frequently Asked Questions
Several factors can contribute to customs clearance delays or extra fees:
- Late Customs Clearance or Documentation: Delays can occur if there are errors or delays in customs clearance or if the required documentation is submitted late.
- Invalid Customs Declaration: Customs declarations with incorrect or missing information, incomplete paperwork, missing paperwork, or errors by customs brokers can lead to rejection by the Canada Border Services Agency (CBSA).
- E-Manifest Issues: Incomplete or late filing of e-manifests by transportation providers can cause delays in the border clearance process.
- Inspections: Border inspections by CBSA can slow down the clearance process, and there may be associated fees charged by customs for conducting inspections.
It’s important to address these potential causes of delays or fees to ensure smooth and efficient customs clearance.
- Ensuring that every item you import has the correct HS code reported to Canada customs.
- Ensuring that every item you import has the correct customs valuation reported to Canada customs.
- Ensuring that every item you import has the correct country of origin reported to Canada customs.